Please note that deadline for applications has passed
Selection criteria for the Ørsted Scholarship
H.C. Ørsted Selskabet wants to advance the interest of children and young people in science and to break down barriers between science and humanities. Just like H.C. Ørsted. He sowed the seeds of the world as we know it today. His curiosity, passion and interest in nature encompasses everything we need to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. H.C. Ørsted Selskabet and Ørsted are keen to work together to support students who wish to travel abroad and, through their studies, emulate H.C. Ørsted’s values: curiosity, dedication, and interest in nature.
That’s why we have the Ørsted Scholarship of DKK 50,000 to four students that meet the criteria for the Ørsted Scholarship. A jury will select the four students from the applications.
1. Selection criteria
- You must be on the last year of your bachelelor or on your master’s component of your study programme
- You must be enrolled in a science or humanities study programme
- You must be able to document that the money will be spent on a stay abroad and that the period abroad has either commenced or takes place within two years from the application deadline.
- You must explain the relevance of your course or project to H.C. Ørsted’s work by either:
- converting theory into practical knowledge
- supporting H.C. Ørsted’s values: curiosity, dedication and interest in nature
- being innovative.
2. Application format
You must write a reasoned application explaining why you should be awarded the study grant. You must make it clear how you and the purpose of your journey meet the established selection criteria. The format may be Word, PowerPoint or video.
In your application, you must briefly describe yourself and answer the following questions:
What study programme are you enrolled in?
How far through your studies are you?
Where would you like to be able to travel to?
Send your reasoned application, together with documentation to show that you’re enrolled on a relevant course, to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 14 May 2018.
If you have any questions, please feel free to write to firstname.lastname@example.org
The winners will be contacted directly on 13 June 2018. The four winners will be invited to the awards ceremony in Rudkøbing on 14 August 2018.
4. After completing your study period abroad
After completing your stay abroad, you must produce an academic paper on a multidisciplinary learning point that combines scientific and humanities perspectives. The format is an article, which you must submit to a relevant academic journal, as well as to Ørsted at email@example.com.
In addition, you’ll be asked to participate in next year’s awards ceremony with a presentation on your stay abroad and how you met the defined criteria.