Apply for scholarship
1. Purpose of the H.C. Ørsted Scholarship
H.C. Ørsted Selskabet wants to advance the interest of children and young people in science and to break down barriers between science and humanities. Just like H.C. Ørsted. He sowed the seeds of the world as we know it today. His curiosity, passion and interest in nature encompasses everything we need to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. H.C. Ørsted Selskabet and energy company Ørsted are keen to work together to support students who wish to travel abroad and, through their studies, emulate H.C. Ørsted’s values: curiosity, dedication, and interest in nature.
That’s why we grant the Ørsted Scholarship of DKK 50,000 to two students that meet the criteria for the Ørsted Scholarship. A jury will select the two students from the applications.
2. Selection criteria
- You must be on the last year of your bachelor’s degree or on your master’s component of your study programme.
- You must be enrolled in a science or humanities study programme.
- You must be able to document that the scholarship will be spent on a stay abroad and that the period abroad has either commenced or takes place within two years from the application deadline.
- You must explain the relevance of your course or project to H.C. Ørsted’s work by either:
- Converting theory into practical knowledge or
- Supporting H.C. Ørsted’s values: curiosity, dedication and interest in nature or
- By being innovative
3. Application format
You must state why you should be awarded the scholarship and make it clear how you and the purpose of your journey meet the established selection criteria. You’ll be able to explain this in the open questions that wou’ll find in the application formular, where you’ll be asked to explain:
- What study programme are you enrolled in? Hereunder which educational institution and the country?
- Why should you be awarded the grant?
- What is your study’s relationship with H.C. Ørsted’s thought values? (curiosity, dedication and interest in nature).
Furthermore you’ll have to attach a photo of you and documentation for your stay abroad.
Recommendations, budget, references etc. is not required.
Send your reasoned application, together with documentation to show that you’re enrolled a relevant course under ‘Apply now’.
The deadline for applications is on 1. May 2022.
5. After completing your study period abroad
After completing your stay abroad, you will be asked to make an interview, with the purpose of communicating your stay and sharing your story of what the foreign studies have meant.
In addition, you can be asked to attend next year’s awards ceremony with a presentation about your stay abroad and how you have met the defined criteria.
The scholarship application is closed. We will open for new applicants spring 2021.